Certified Home Care Workers
All of North Country Home Services Home Health Aides (HHA) and Personal Care Aides (PCA) are certified by New York State Department of Health and are fully insured.
Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides
Our Certified Paraprofessionals will perform home health care services to those clients authorized for such services by agencies in contract with NCHS.
Duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Personal hygiene and grooming including bed, sponge, tub or shower baths, tub or bed shampoo.
- Assistance with toileting and elimination.
- Use of prescribed medical equipment and supplies.
- Safe transfer techniques, assistance with ambulation, range of motion and positioning, assistance with use of crutches, walkers and hoyer lifts; prescribed exercise program.
- Nutrition and fluid intake to include preparation of meals for simple and complex modified diets.
- Temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Simple tests and measurements.
- Maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Special skin care.
- Simple dressing changes.
- Ostomy care.
Chore/Companion Workers will perform support services essential for the client’s health and welfare. These services include cuing, prompting and supervision of activities of daily living (ADL) and Independent Activities of Daily Living(IADL) such as bathing, personal hygiene tasks, dressing, meal preparation, eating, light and heavy household tasks, laundry, transportation and shopping, as well as supporting integration into the community. Chore/Companion is not intended as a “hands-on” service for ADL’s and or physical assistance.